Friday, January 30, 2009

A Little Sun...A Little Fun!

We woke up Thursday morning to clouds and a bit of rain. About an hour later, we looked out the back and saw this beautiful rainbow! The pictures don't do it justice but maybe it will give you a feel for what it was like. It couldn't have been positioned in a more perfect place for a photo op!













Oh what a life!! Alan sunning himself and Heather learning to snorkle. This was our first real, relaxing day in the sun.










We went snorkeling just around the waters near the resort for our first time. There weren't tons of fish to see here but it was a great place to let Heather get used to the water because it's pretty shallow. But you have to be careful where you step....lots and lots of sea slugs...ugghh! We did see some pretty tropical fish in a couple of spots. The funnest for me was when a pretty good sized, pure white fish swam up near me. He just kind of circled around me and whenever I would swim away, he would follow. We swam together like that for about 5 minutes and then both went on our way. The fish are not afraid at all. Next time we'll take something to feed them. I'm sure they would eat it right out of our hands!

2 comments:

  1. The rainbow picture is spectacular! It looks so amazing! We miss you guys around here, but are still so glad you are having this fantastic adventure! Nothing too exciting has been going on...we did taxes yesterday and all I can say is thanks for Andrew and his amazing write-off abilities! Love ya!

    P.S. I love the new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking out my window at all the snow and slush and am SO jealous of you guys! It looks gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete